10.08.2002

The best course of action with regard to any problem is to confront it and solve it immediately.

Otherwise the failure will bother you indefinately, making the solution more elusive.

I will finish my incompletes. I will graduate. I will move on, and away from her. I cannot fix her.

Hobbies do not make life meaningful:
I couldn't tell the difference between a small-mouth and a large-mouth bass.
Nor does a whitetail buck within range provide any excitement.
I like nice cars in much the same way as I enjoy fine dining, but I don't want mine to be a garish advertisement for some aftermarket parts producer, or my own vanity.
video games can be fun, just like bubble gum is fun. But after a short time, all the games seem the same and the flavor has run out.
writing isn't even much of a hobby for me. I can't maintain a consistent output, quality level, or topic. When I write like this I do very little to monitor quality control. It's how I make sure that it doesn't get too good. Then I won't be obligated to produce quality. That would be difficult on a daily, or even weekly basis. It would become like work; which by definition cannot be enjoyable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home