10.05.2002

"I can't change conditions, I can only meet them without backing up"
-Al Capone

Sometimes this quote ruminates throughout my consciousness for a day or two. Repeating over and over like some popular freshly fancied ditty. It invokes the logic of fighting and interpersonal confrontation: I can't change or control my opponent, I can merely face them. This shouldn't be surprising as it came the most notorious businessman of crime in the twentieth century. Could those conditions be referring to the alcohol he sold, and the fact that he couldn't reverse prohibition. Or the conditions may simply be reality: There is a palpable demand for booze. Someone needs to break the law and supply it.

Al Capone would make a fantastic twenty first century CEO.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home