11.27.2003

Am I getting better?

It's very hard to learn a new language after the age of 25. When you do, your thick accent serves as a perpetual reminder of your natural language. Am I still learning how to craft these words, or just hovering around an insurmountable plateau, picking up a few new words here and there, while others fall into disuse. Was that last sentence a question? Or do I still have the problem of writing what I think are semi-poignant questions? One after another? That very same problem I thought I solved by chopping my sentences short, (sometimes neglecting the subject, prepositions, such as "and" within a list) interrupting my prose. Doing things like this.

After the initial learning period, it seems impossible to truly improve at any activity. If you haven't figured it out in say, a year, you'll never figure it out. Best to continually switch activities until you find one where you excel. Then kill anyone better than you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home