12.23.2003

To quit smoking, the industry addicts you to nicotine gum. The theory, which worked for me, is that it's far easier to quit the gum than to quit the smokes. I quit the gum in one week and never looked back. The same theory applies to people.

One made me forget the other, who had thoroughly fucked my mind up. In the process I lost the only important one and now am back to square one. Actually square minus one. In the most basic element, even pre-existence, she is there, culling the spirit. Therefore my spirit now must be culled, finalized. Improvement is over. There are only now separate manifestations, situations. The difference between people and addictions minutely expresses itself in twinkling eyes and sartorial smiles.

--

He goes along with whatever happens around him. Too afraid to offend, to step on toes or venture forth boldly, on his own. He assumes the role of the agent, like a suburban kid talking black around his cool black friends--he worries like the insecure one, jokes like the joker and is moody like the mercurial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home